Jul 13, 2010

Worlds Within Worlds

Ahhhh....

After two+ weeks of High Noon temps, even past sundown, rain came through just after midnight Sunday. And then a steady rain again late last night. And then this very afternoon, a T'storm with wind and torrential downpour ... alas, turning my little neck of the woods into a Turkish bath. But at least the plants, the crops, the flowers, the animals had a break from that sullen eye in the sky.

Between snapshots out my window and back door, the temporary respite proved good for more artistic endeavours as you will see later... perhaps this next photo should be in the "Sunday Reflections" I sometimes do! Not only is there a mirror image of the bistro set, but even the canopy of trees can be seen.



The Weather Channel SAID a cold front had moved out and that this is what helped us to have precipitation. A cold front! Oh yeah? Well, it was 96 Fahrenheit at 4PM in The Classic City, Bub. I have to wear cotton duds or my clothes will melt right off... how can it be cold in the midst of such heat? I know, I know... don't take it literally.

Say, what is it about the colour yellow that keeps sneaking in here? Is it just my subconscious acting up, trying to make sense from seeing that cheerful sunny hue at the start of each morning quickly turn into a fiery furnace?

And what is it about the circle? Also referred to as a sphere, is it the lure of that most common of geometric designs, seen in all cultures throughout time? Is it the science geek in me? The shape of our (known) worlds, even that environment where we all begin is spherical -- am I simply reaching out these days, to connect all the dots (also round)? Mmmm....
How I love to just put pen and pencil to paper and let these Lovely Ladies out to play, come rain or shine.
Take care, the rest of you lovelies.

5 comments:

dosfishes said...

I was thinking auras with your circles. We have your weather up here, did you send it to me as a gift. 90, 90, 90, what's up with that. Rain and 82 today, I am in heaven!

femminismo said...

Lovely face on the girl in yellow. Maybe it is the heat that inspires that color. I wish you coolness without all the rain and T'storms. And tonight I start painting my August journal! Hold me to it, pal!

Anne said...

Hi, Candace! We've been having record-breaking heat here, too - and some rain would be lovely! I like your pretty girl with her glowing orbs. I like circles and spheres. I think it is a reminder of how we are all connected. :-)

玉苓玉苓 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beedeebabee said...

...and they always are such "lovely ladies"!!! She's so pretty, Candance!...I'm sooo sick of the heat, I'm ready to scream. Mother Nature...CUT IT OUT ALREADY!!! ... I really liked your reflections photo! Try to stay cool, Candace! ;) xo Paulette