Sep 21, 2010

INTERNATIONAL

Day of Peace...

Wow. Wouldn't THAT be magic? Sure, let’s cross our fingers but let’s walk that talk. Let's be realistic and idealistic at the same time, and work for a greater good.

sigh -- When I wrote the above, I sure was full of myself, wasn’t I? (Truth be told, folks will never "get along" 100%. Friends and, yes, sometimes even family will fall by the wayside for so many people who will be left wondering, “Why didn’t I see that one coming?” Over and over, people ask this question, still holding the bag -- now empty -- that used to spill over with such plenty and such promise.)

But, never fear. I still choose to be full of myself. I choose life and joy. I choose happiness. I choose peace. I choose all the colours of life, even the darker, less-loved ones. I choose pretending cheer over none at all, hoping it will transform into the real thing one day…

Internationally, of course.
I'll leave you for now with a shot of a tiny tea set given to me this Sunday past -- it's a replica of the set Thomas Jefferson used at Monticello. And say, even Sarah would be happy with that reflection on the piano! (She's doing some really fun stuff over on her site. Go check it out by clicking on her name!)
Honest, this set pretty much fits in my hand!

Take care, you lovelies.
Candace, Still in Athens.

3 comments:

dosfishes said...

Good for you for choosing to be just as I would expect. xox Corrine

Sarah said...

I agree with your wise words-wise-not full of yourself! And I do love the tiny teaset! My little felty lady approves!

Janet Bernasconi said...

The first thing I did when I saw your blog is smile. I just love the doggie with the adorable headband. lol It was fun visiting you.
Hugs,
Janet
Janets Creative Pillows