Sep 27, 2010

Party Animals

Bess, our Clown Princess, is ready for this season's festivities -- starting sooner than you know! You can't see it but she had a really goofy grin goin' on. How can the same dog look so so regal one second and then the next instant turn into The Queen of Comedy?


Hello Everyone! Mostly I am working for "The Man" but using down time to get it going for THIS. I am in the middle of making the biggest crown I've had yet... and unlike the archetypal witch's hat, it is so, so colourful.

Alas, poor Yorick -- !



but not to worry, he will be turned into a sugar skull for the Big Halloween Party!

FINALLY the weather broke here in the Classic City. It didn't even reach 78F today after the last hurray of 90+ temps this week. We had a steady downpour of rain morning, noon and now, night, with occasional thunder. Tomorrow, more rain -- and the hint of a chill around the corner. Everyone seems definitely in the mood for this...



and hot lattes with a friend at B&N. (I promise. Those empty cups sooo had lattes in them...!)


One of us read Artful Blogging while the other read Psychology Today. We both grabbed the latest "Dexter" novel -- hot off the presses. It was a good day.
Take care. I hope to see you all at the Halloween Party here -- or at your place.
Candace, Still in Athens.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Bess is a star! I like the sound of your trip to B and N-always love a good booksshop with coffee and magazines included! Hope you have a good week!

dosfishes said...

LOL, what a fab dog, how dramatic she is. And what a good sport to be adorned so and not complain...xox Corrine

femminismo said...

Sweet dog and a true clown at heart. That will keep her youthful. Oh, are you having a Halloween party. I am going to send you a card! I can't come, but are you having it online? I'll check your previous posts. I'm behind, as usual. Love - your pal in Oregon (oh, no! verification word is clamida. Or perhaps, oh, yes! Rearrange the letters and it's "calm dia," half English, half Spanish.)

LYNDY WARD said...

Not sure if this is your Halloween Party Post, but I love your beautiful dog.

Please fly by for my giveaways too...
Hauntingly Yours, Lyndy

My Haunted Halloween Party Link:
http://bit.ly/dho880
TODAYSGOLD
http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

Sylvia said...

LOL...we loved Bess...what a good sport...Happy Halloween...

Sylvia

Sophia said...

What a fab post and super dog. :) I'm guessing those lattes were great. Well, make your way over to my Manor, there are plenty more lattes and food to go around, along with special guests!!

Check out Harrington Manor Ball today.

Annabelle said...

Yes, I as well am guessing this to be your party post.Bess is a sweetie at heart, she reminds me of Grace our golden, always willing and able to be a great photogenic subject! Lovely pic.

Happy Halloween !

Grab your broom and fly on over to THE WOOD BEYOND THE WORLD ( thewoodbeyondtheworld.blogspot.com) for your chance to win three of my original art prints…only comment required.

•*´¨*.•*´¨*~^..^~*Annabelle.•*´¨*.•* *

Elizabeth Barczynski said...

fan flipping tastic photos- the puppy made me squeel. So get back her and post some more for us!!

When you have the opportunity please come over for a visit!
http://wood-wings.blogspot.com/2010/10/midnight-ride.html

Anne said...

Hi, Candace! Bess is adorable! :-)

Beedeebabee said...

OMG...Bess is just ADORABLE!!! xoxo