Oct 29, 2010

Shine On, Shine On

Harvest Moon, up in the sky -- remember that song?
It was already a song of Yesteryear when I was a kid but I still love it as do others, I guess.


And I have as much of a singing voice as a crow.

But that doesn't bother this little darlin' who is oil pasteled on paper (i.e., yet another two-dimensional blonde!) against another heavy paper AND in my favourite colour... the glitter is fun. And that moon? I just peeled the top and pressed it flat! Is that cheating?


See the star over her other shoulder? A happy accident.
The Halloween Countdown has begun in earnest here at New Haven!

Take care.
Candace, Still in Athens.

7 comments:

femminismo said...

Love this and the divided canvas (colors) behind her. The sparkly moon is a good thing too. further down in posts you show Persephone. She is gorgeous! I love the pen work on her nose - such flair you have!

dosfishes said...

Like this glitter, keep on drawing. I like that song too and sing it once in a while myself. xox Corrine

Wig Wandering said...

This is my favorite yet. Love the blue and the moon!!

Anne said...

Hi, Candace! Beautiful! Love the pretty blue paper and your paper doll is fabulous as usual! :-)

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie! She's a beauty...love her dress too! I enjoyed listening to that song. I always liked that one too...I hope you had a funtastic Halloween!...On to Thanksgiving...and the post below! xo Paulette =o)

Beedeebabee said...

Good grief, I missed lots of good stuff! Bess is just the cutest thing, Candace...I love her headpiece! hee hee hee! What a gorgeous fur baby she is...Loved your Peace Day post too...and you know I love everything autumn/winter. The weather here is just beautiful. Thank heavens the heat of last summer is over...Your tiny blue and white tea set is just darling!...Enjoy the rest of your week, and keep creating those wonderful drawings! xo Paulette

Sarah said...

She is very pretty-2-dimensional blondes! I like the blues in the background too and the twinkly elements. Hope all is well with you!
x