Jun 26, 2011

Mad Hatters

All for one and one for all --

Hello and thanks for checking out my rusty self at the Mad Hatter Tea Party 2011!

A good thing I put up that BWO, isn't it? Well, kids, as I told Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist, like Persephone, I feel like I have been sprung in time for spring -- and a little past spring, truth be told!

Let the Party begin...



"You Meet The Most Interesting People At This Tea Party"... and if you don't believe me or my friend here, just check out A Fanciful Twist's Mad Hatter Tea Party 2011 and see all the rest of the fun around the world up close and personal.



First, we will start out the day at the Athens Farmers Market serenaded by a ridiculously good downhome bluegrass romp ...




Yes, let's stop for a POMEGRANATE martini (remember what I said about Persephone?).




Say, are you sure we're going to a Mad Hatters TEA party? This looks like sushi!


Trust me. We're headed to the Party now.





Just stopping by the house to make some peach goodness (well, it is Georgia, so you shouldn't be too surprised). And yes, I make everything from scratch. You just cannot beat the taste if you have the time.



The honored guest! Remember what I said about interesting people? Well, sometimes they're not people at all. I ought to know because I have four of them at the Party.





The Farmers Market is FILLED with flowers this year. I came home with quite a few, and here they are, ready to grace the table.



The Gleesome Threesome here, taking their own pot of pinks to the Mad Hatters Tea Party. Even paper dolls need a little fun.


Thanks to everyone who has written and asked me to not fall off the edge of the world again. I'll be back again very soon.

Candace, Still In Athens

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Hurray! You are back! I saw your name on the list at Vanessa's yesterday and was pleased to do so. Your party today is full of wholesome goodness and some lovely ladies too. Hope all is well. xx

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

OH YOU GOT ME!!! I am so into your wonderland, with sushi and martinis!! ;)

YAY you are back!!!!

Love, A Fanciful Twist

Karla of Dreamaginarius said...

haha I love your post. That sushi looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing your party!
xo,
Karla
www.dreamaginarius.com

Cameron said...

I could totally go for a martini and sushi right about now! Thanks for the invite :)

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I have enjoyed your party!
Happy UnBirthday to you !
Blessings;
~Myrna
http://daylily777-myenchantedhome.blogspot.com/2011/06/mad-tea-party.html

femminismo said...

I forgot about the Mad Hatter's Tea, but it must have been somewhere in my brain -- for yesterday I was wondering when it was and remembered the fun I had with cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches. I have missed you! I am so glad you returned! No sushi for me, thanks, but the pomegranate martini should be a healthy food choice. xxooxx

Susan said...

Interesting party! and thank you soooo much for the pomegranate Martini, so good! Please come visit mine:)
Susan

http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2011/06/fanciful-twists-mad-tea-party-2011.html

Candace said...

Hello everyone and thanks for your so kind comments! Wow, Vanessa had a ton of Mad Hatters this year out... I've not gotten through them all yet. (Gee, if I didn't have to work, it would be a constant party here in the Classic City!)
Take care, one and all.
Candace