Jan 2, 2012

REBOOTING!



Happy New Year Everyone!

I am glad 2011 is done for so so many reasons. Of course, the economy and political shenanigans and whathaveyou, but the autumn/winter was a sad one. There were four deaths including my father's passing, and my beloved sister in law's mother plus a dear friend within five weeks of each other.

Ugh. I feel like I am just now getting my feet underneath me again.


"Work" is incredibly off the chain and everyone of course is happy to have a job when they have one, and I do love what I do, but it's with a happy heart that I face 2012 and MORE ART SHENANIGANS.


Yes, I am indeed involved in the Sketchbook Project for 2012. The subject is fascinating and I had picked it quite some time oddly enough before the turn of the wheel -- Life Underground. Some of you may remember that the Myth of Demeter and Persephone is one of my favourites.


I also am at the halfway point in the novel I've been swearing to write for quite a while now. And I am back into costumery, movies, and reading. Visiting friends through blogs, visiting Miss Jeanne when she came over from London (gosh, I hope this year sees me back over there!).


So while it has been a dip downwards on this nutty rollercoaster we call life, things have evened out and I am buckled back in for the next adventure. Mmm, maybe I should just free fall this ride.

A visit with Art Shenanigans this weekend. I have indeed missed you all. It's been tough being away.


Candace in Athens



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy New Year Candace! I have been meaning to visit since your new year's visit to me but have not-sorry! It was lovely to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about your sad news for 2011. A new year is a good thing for beginning to start on the healing path. I look forward to seeing news of your art shenanigans, and maybe meeting up again if you do make it to London this year?

femminismo said...

Candace, you have been rebooting for a while now. Need some inspiration?