Nov 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Peeps

Hello Everyone!
While it is a gloomy Jo March type November day in Athens, here in the Hollow, things are really hopping with work work work, Nanowrimo (oh dear oh dear!), getting ready for the trip, and Birthday Felicitations!



Happy Birthday to T!
We took in a movie last night after slugging back two lattes at FourBucks (smirk). We moseyed on over to the dollar show and agreed that while "Wall-E" (not a regular kids' movie, honest) was fun enough, "Presto", the animated feature before the real flick, was da bomb!
Lots of fun and the end credits reminded me of so many of you out there in Blogovia who love play and work with type and design, lettering, printing, publishing, proofreading and pretty. Worth checking out, trust me.



A few "divine art bowls" made from incredibly thin materials. The link is here, but here's a little something to pique your interest first. Maybe I am a teensy bit boring but I love love love that transparent white radish bowl. Thanks to Kitten for the info!


Before I forget, today is also Claud's birthday. Yes, I have to put up with TWO Scorpios. You may remember her from an earlier post, but believe you me, she's not taking this or any other birthday lying down. She hit 48 and liked it so much she's still there.


And before I sign off, get well wishes go out to Mister. He belongs with and to femminismo of One Day At A Time, who -- like my own self -- is going through the horror and reality of Nanowrimo's week 2. Some pretty artistic knee work right here, though.

Get More of What You Love,
Candace

5 comments:

Godelieve said...

Love those bowls! I'm impressed!

Anne said...

Hi, Candace! Thanks so much for sharing the veggie bowls and giving us a link. They're so cool!

And thanks for the kind words about my first blog video and voice over! :-)

femminismo said...

Oh, the Mister will be so happy you sent him personal greetings! He's doing good, thanks.
Love the veggie bowls. I'm working on a new angle of my story for Nanowrimo ... but very, very glacially. Must get busy, must get busy. Best to you. Have fun in England! - jeanne

Velvet Ginger said...

Those transarent bowls are absolutley beuatiful...nothign boring about that!
I also like that first picture of the leaves...the only yellow one certainly stands on it's own...
thank you hon for sharing.

Wig Wandering said...

Did I ever tell you that when we lived in Mass. I visited Louisa May Alcott's home? It was one of the most awesome things I have ever done.