Sep 24, 2009

The 2nd Annual Mad Hatter's Tea Party


TA-DA!

Hello everyone!
Yes, the 2nd Annual Mad Hatter's Tea Party is on for Saturday, October 24th, right here in the Classic City, and on this here blog. Only a month away so I need to get hopping --


Last year, I had a Mad Hatter's Tea with live-action friends and shared it through a photo or two on this here blog. Several folks liked the idea and occasionally I'd get notes asking if I was going to do it again and share it again and -- well, YES!

If you do want to join in on the 24th, go ahead and leave a comment here stating you do want to join in the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. I will add you to the roll call, which means folks can enjoy each other’s hats and more that day and throughout the year.

Here Are “The Rules”. Uh, there aren't any.
All you have to concern yourself with is – you know it! – a HAT. You can draw it, photograph it, colour it with pencils, crayons, sculpt it, paint it, woodburn it. YouTube it. And then post it to your blog on Saturday, October 24th. If you want to throw in some art or a white rabbit, great!

And before I sign off, I want to share
something fun for those of you out there who love teas and in particular, Alice in Wonderland and her Mad Hatter’s Tea. Yes, it's the trailer for "Alice" by Tim Burton. Enjoy.

And THIS little treat is from the SyFy (Sci Fi) Channel. It looks fun and STRANGE (two of my prerequisites) and these folks did a fairly decent job with "The Tin Man". So I thought I would just Check. It. Out. It debuts in December, just in time for another holiday.

No problem, Pals, no muss, no fuss. Just a hat… and whatever else your heart desires, if the hat isn’t enough.

Take care!
Candace in Wonderland.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I will join you Candace-sounds fun!

Beedeebabee said...

This sounds like so much fun! I wish I had more time. I'll look forward to visiting for sure. Hugs, Paulette :o)

Anairam said...

I will join too, please! I am going to make a hat, a mad hatter's hat!

Candace said...

Oh fantastic, Sarah AND Anairam. I think Femminismo is also joining us...
Paulette, no problem. Say, your blog IS a wonderland all the time.

Spread the word... More Hat, Please.
Take care,
Candace

Linda Sue said...

Oh yes please I will don my hat!! and my roses painted red...Oct 24 see you then!

Valerie said...

Yes, would love to do this - sounds fun!

Valerie

queenschocolate.blogspot.com