Feb 3, 2010

Cartoon Wednesday

Hello!
Okay, okay ... not so much cartoons as just some fun Valentine drawings to share. These are works in progress. That string tied to her finger? I bet she wants to remember to give her heart to someone this year!



I am revving up to send out handmade cards this weekend for the Big V-Day.


This year, I really look forward to the 14th.

First, it's on a Sunday, and that means no work. Maybe a nice brunch with my peeps at The Last Resort, and perhaps a movie at the dollar show ...
Or even a nap like these two sluggards here!
Who knows? The heart's the limit!
Get More of What You Love.
Candace

7 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Candace! Lovely drawings. Your kitties sure have the right idea! Today was the first day we've seen the sunshine in DAYS! We opened up all the blinds on the south side of the house to let in the sun's warmth while it melts all the snow and ice out there. And, of course, our two kitties could be found napping in all the sunbeams, one at a time, as they traveled the house! ;-)

femminismo said...

Oh, those cats made me laugh! So funny. I can not believe (well, I guess so, actually - it would be you!) that someone got something from that poem. I do not know anything about the myth; just found a poem about January. I'll find out, however. And I can't believe I didn't watch "Lost" last night!! What happened? Do you watch it? maybe I can see it online. Later pal - J.

Anonymous said...

I want that Valentine's hat, and the body that could fit in that lovely dress, but alas, I will settle for a nap with the sluggards.

Fun and happy drawings.

Sarah said...

I love your Valentine ladies Candace! They all look so happy. Thanks for your comments this week. I know Edna is in ADQ but I have yet to see a copy! I am very excited though! I just wanted to let you know those paints are called paint sticks-I was confused as they oil paint in a stick-so my name makes more sense to me!
Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Oh and I forgot to say-love the cats having their nap too. I sometimes wish I was a cat!

femminismo said...

So what have you been up to? Just wondering. I think you must be napping and working and eating. That's what I am up to when I'm not able to blog often. - pal J.

Beedeebabee said...

Oh those sluggards are just too adorable. Who wouldn't want to snuggle up and nap with them!...Your drawings are just great Candance. They always bring a smile to my face! xoxo Paulette