Aug 17, 2008

Whew!

Hello Everyone!

Wow, what a busy weekend. I'm almost too tired to post... well, that would be like being too tired to talk and of course, that's not going to really happen! As my mom used to say, "Your mouth's going to be the last thing to go on you." I guess it could be worse, though.

On top of working Saturday as well as taking a one-day roundtrip to SC the same day for family biz, T and I met friends on three separate occasions. First, a light supper Friday night w/ Tony and Faye, but no pictures. Dang! The Trappeze Pub is pretty cool, too. Sharing later because I am so going back there.

To the right here is my friend and coworker Michelle (any day now) and the Hubs, Chris, whom we met today for Sunday Brunch. Dig that art on the walls! I'll get back to that in a sec.

You may remember these guys from a March post when I mentioned she had just found out she was going to have -- TADA!!! -- their first baby, whom I called Little Mister until two weeks ago when she and Chris finally decided on the name for their boy. Devon. It's Irish and it's perfect and this is going to be sweeeet!

We met our two lovebirds at The Last Resort, my (and Michelle's) favourite eatery in Athens. No kidding -- good food, excellent prices, good staff and a lovely lovely atmosphere. Everyone was happy and quite stoked about everything in general. It was great seeing them. Last Resort always has local artwork up, as does Walker's Pub and a few other places in Bulldawg territory. For a place that is mostly about sports, I find Athens embracing art on a more or less continual basis.

Well, it's a college town. So... I guess they can afford to be generous.

Then a little more work at home and a few hours later, on to the Golden Dragon to meet Ron and Allison. I ate very little -- and made good food choices. Fresh fruits and steamed vegetables... water... white tea. Yum. It was delicious as well and I will recommend it to anyone.
Then back home to continue more work. blech...

On a more mundane note, I did find the type milk I need (in SC) for the butter Kitten and I are making again. Plus she is growing kefir grains and as soon as they are up and at 'em, I will be making kefir.

Enough for now! Back to Artwork Shenanigans!
Later,
Candace

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi Candace!

Sounds like a great day in Athens. I miss that town - will have to come for a visit soon. I think it's been a couple of years since I was there. Maybe last Auburn/Georgia game.

Good luck with your garden and thanks for visiting my blog. I've got some catching up to do. Been without power for 4 days and the DEER ate the tops of my tomato plants! Not related but that's what's going on in my life.

Misha said...

Whoa, we're on your blog! I must say, that is a better picture of Chris than it is of me. (It usually is.) So glad you sent the link--now I have something to read tomorrow while I'm trying to avoid work! Ha!

Candace said...

You sure are, Misha. Well, I didn't warn you about the photo and you were yawning and talking. Lugging around the Little Mister is hard work, eh?

And Jamie, I have added you to My Cool People, Cool Blogs list -- hope those deer appreciate those plants they ate!

Stay Cool,
Candace

Healing Expressions said...

HI Candace..Sounds like you had quite the adventure! Your comments are always a blessing and thanks so much for continuing to peek in on my work!
Take care
Lani

Lisa Kaus said...

Hi Candace- thanks for stopping by!
Great Blog
xo
Lisa

Lisa Kaus said...

Hi Candace- thanks for stopping by!
Great Blog
xo
Lisa