Sep 4, 2008

Ah, The Mighty Javablu Award


Hello Everyone!

Is it because of the fall of the year, the dying of the light that we tuck into life more than ever? Well, doh! That tree has even more red and yellow on it today. I kid thee not. Lookatit! At the edge, softly red, hints of yellow and up in the higher branches, a splash of orange.

As promised, here is (almost word for word) the rules for the Javablu Awards from Denise at Bless This Mess.



1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs. (Thanks for that "at least", Denise. Key phrase.)
4. Before listing the nominees give a brief reason why you chose them.
5. Put links of those blogs on yours.
6. Leave a message on the blogs you have nominated.


I wish I could tap *all* of you who have made a difference to me and my journey, you all mean a lot to me and, indeed, myriad things to me. And I wish there was a way to say what Denise said so well about the awards given out to the peeps she chose without basically repeating her, practically word for word.

Well, let me try. You have indeed made a difference -- in some cases, a very big difference -- in my life and I daresay others' lives -- art and otherwise -- and I do think of you as fellow travellers on this big, beautiful, blue marble we are on together. Some of these blogs I read for pure joy and entertainment, but there are some I read and actually learn from about a technique, a journal’s beginnings and recyclings, and some are just fun glimpses of shenanigans in general. Families and feasts and vacations in places known and unknown and just general fooling around.
(Not THAT kind of fooling around -- although some little derfwad might think so!)

And more than a couple of you have inspired and encouraged me to spread my little dodo wings and fly fly fly!



Okay, okay, I did more than five. So sue me. It was a tough row to hoe. And yes, now I know that even successful artists we admire have an off day, that my fears and wonderment are often theirs as well, and we have more in common than not. And that if it's not fun, don't do it. Odd how folks forget that.


Get More of What You Love.

Later,

Candace

14 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

You are too kind. I thank you very much. I noticed on your profile that you love Laurie Colwin-one more reason to love you. We lost her too soon. Again, thanks!

Candace said...

Thank you, Mrs. G. When I discovered Laurie Colwin, I went out and bought one, then another, then another and finally had all of them. Then I read them, then I re-read them. I am now writing a paper about her. When I got to the last book -- yes I read them in order -- I will admit it. I cried.
Because, yes, it is the LAST book. No more. Fini. Not fair considering who's still walking around, sometimes. (ahem, I am a little peckish right now.)

Thank you for your visit. Come again and bring Johnny.
Candace

misty said...

aw. thank you so much!
Big blue marble, i love that!
Looking forward to seeing you in April, which sounds like almost forever from now, but will be here in just days, at least it sure feels like time is moving that fast anymore.
thank you Candace. have a lovely weekend.
~misty

Jamie said...

Thank you, Candace! Are you planning to go to ArtFest?

Candace said...

Hi there, Jamie,
Yes I am. I have indeed sent in my reg and do-re-mi. Let's cross our fingers that it's not already full up...
Ooo, a cross trip country! Yay...

Have a great weekend!
Candace

Judy Wise said...

Thank you Candace. You are a sweetie. xo

Denise said...

I'm so pleased that you have made more special ladies out there smile and be happy! We gotta spread the LUV :) Very pleased you like Heron Dance. I just wish I could afford his paintings! They are just so stunning!
Huge hugs huney bun!
Denise
oxoxox

Velvet Ginger said...

Cool Candice...you are very kind. Thank you!

Denise said...

P.S. Just noticed that you are a fellow Aquarian! My favourite saying. 'So Sue Me!'
P.P.S. Please let me know your snail addy and e-mail :)
Hugs
Denise
oxoxox

Candace said...

Well, it depends on whose calendar we go by! LOL. I am really a Pisces, born Feb 19, at 9:04AM, 3 hours into that last house... oh yeah, let's not go through THIS wheel again.

But I do have some Waterbearer tendencies. And altho I am a Fish, T says I tend to have Great White Shark tendencies, as well.

Thanks for visiting!

Jamie said...

I almost passed out when I realized that it took 3 DAYS for my ArtFest registration package to LEAVE Georgia! I'm hoping Teesha holds off until this week to start the registration process. It finally arrived today.

Will this be your first ArtFest? Send me an email so we can discuss. I've got my fingers crossed for both of us.

Anonymous said...

Greeting Candace! I have enjoyed your blog very much and it seems you have made some bloggers very happy in your post.
As your leaves turn rusty down here in Australia the buds of spring are just starting to awaken...praise to nature!

Southern Girl said...

Arghh! Did my last comment not go through?! I thanked you days ago, Candace!!! And yet, it's disappeared into the ether! ): What if I nominated all the same people as you? (:

Candace said...

Hi there, Southern! It did go through on an earlier post (the day before, I think). No problemo!
Hope you're doing great and there are no more power downs going on there.