Dec 4, 2009

A Long Winter's Nap

Hello Everyone!
Just look what came in the mail -- from Beedeebabee's talented self. If you've not seen or visited her blog, I highly highly highly recommend it for an eyepopping and cheering experience. It's great on any day but especially on those days that cloud up on us occasionally -- and I don't mean just the weather, although that's included as well.


I named this brooch "Pearl" in honour of the Dutch white T fostered/sponsored for a while. And did you notice --? It's UGA's colours. Ha! Much appreciated, Paulette.
And as you can see below, from the arch inside my big old scary kitchen, Dutch whites are one of my favourites!


Are you making Advent Calendars this year? You might consider checking out Sarah's Circles of Rain because she is too! As is Nathalie over here. All are delightful...
And it's that time of year for the Athens Indie Craftstravaganzaa Holiday Market, too. It was fantastic last year and held in late November. I missed the Spring Craftstravaganzaa so it's been a whole YEAR since I've seen/chatted with these folks. Can't wait!

Speaking of long winter's naps, I see Molly is ready for hers. Trust me, it's too chilly for "Bonesy" to go out tonight.

Happy Weekend to All and to All A Good Night.
Candace

6 comments:

femminismo said...

Cheers! Cold here. Cold there. Cold all over the world. Love the bunny rabbit with pearls. - Jeanne

Anne said...

Hi, Candace! Molly is adorable! If you're not careful, I'll take her home with me! :-)

Sarah said...

Love the rabbit brooch-very pretty! Thanks for the mention-I am having fun doing the calendar! I loved the matchbox calendar too-so sweet! Have a great time at the craft fair and a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

We have a Molly cross named Philo,
part greyhoud, part lab, part hound,
same colors too!

Corrine

Unknown said...

What a precious brooch! Lucky you. How did I not know you collected rabbits (or is it ONLY white ones?) I used to be a rabbit collector, when I had one as a pet.

Do you have a sweater for your dog?

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Candace! Oh you're just a sweetie for writing about that pin! I'm so happy you like "Pearl". I think that's a perfect name for her! I love those bunnies on your kitchen arch. My friend used to have a bunny that was half the size of me with long floppy ears. I bunny sat for him while she was away, but he stayed in his cage at her house, I just had to go feed him and make sure everything was okay. I think Molly would look very cute in a sweet little sweater. Is she a greyhound? ...I hope you had fun at your craft fair. Hugs, Paulette